Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Telenor Contact Backup Service review

Pin It Telenor Contact Back up Service review
With Telenor Contact Backup, you never have to worry about losing your contacts upon losing your phone. We make it easy for you to preserve and recall the precious contacts on handsets and SIMs, simply using SMS or GPRS. You can also organize your contacts as groups, view or send them to your handset from the Contact Backup web site by registering your mobile number and password.
Now you will never lose the contact information even if your handset breaks, is lost or stolen.

Price
Subscription Price:
Rs. 20 (plus tax) per month

"First month's subscription is free for all users"
Charges for SMS menu browsing are Rs.0.5 (plus tax) per sms Standard GPRS rates apply when contacts are synchronized using handsets.

How To Start
Step 01

To subscribe, send REG to 200


Step 02
After subscribing, you will receive a SMS message 'Please click here for your SyncML settings. If asked for a pin enter 1234'.
Click on the link.
Once clicked, a message with sync settings is sent.


Step 03
You need to save the setting to the phone.

How do I know whether my handset supports Phonebook synchronization (SyncML method)?
Please check the Supported Phones page to see if your phone is listed. If not, contact customer service for more information.

Can I have this service without Internet access?
Yes, you can use this service without internet access. You can backup your phonebook using SMS and GPRS.

How many phonebook contacts can ContactBackup support?
Unlimited size for all subscribers.

Can I access my entire phonebook via the website?
Yes. All you need to do is to login to your web account to access your phonebook.

What do I need to have in order to use this service?
a. A SyncML enabled phone to use SyncML phonebook backup. You also need to subscribe to GPRS.
b. A vCard or Business card compatible phone to use vCard backup.
c. Access to the Internet to manage your web account.

How to use Phonebook Backup via SyncML?
1. If you haven't set the syncML setting. Login first, then click on the Handset syncML Setting to get your phone syncML setting.
2. After get your syncML setting, go to "Connectivity" in your phone.
3. Make sure the "Access Point" is Telenor GPRS or 3G then Select "Sync".

4. Select "Phonebook Backup" to start the backup process.

5. Select "Synchronise".

6. Your phone will now connect and begin synchronizing. It may take a few minutes for the synchronization to complete.

7. The phone will display a Sync complete message when it has finished synchronizing.

8. Now you can see your phonebook on the website and perform synchronization as and when you have new contact to be updated or you lost your phone

*The display may vary for different phones.

How do I sync all my contacts?
Click on the synchronization icon inside your mobile device’s menu to synchronize your contacts via GPRS.

How do I get help on ContactBackup?
Send HELP to 200 or contact customer service.

I am not GPRS user. Can I still use this service?
Yes. You can use the service via SMS card or Business card (VCard). If you want to use SyncML, you need to activate the GPRS service.

Can I use my phone while the ContactBackup is running?
You cannot use your phone while you are backing up. If you have many contacts (eg. 500) the first synchronization may take a few minutes. Each subsequent time you sync, only the changes will be sent and it should be quicker, usually between 10 and 30 seconds.

Can I modify my address book on the Web?
Yes, you can modify your address book. After modifying, you need to select save.

I modified a contact on my handset, and then I modified the same contact on web, what is the result after synchronization?
The contact in your handset will be synchronized to replace the one in web.

If I unsubscribe to ContactBackup, then I decided to subscribe back, can I still get my previous phonebook?
Once you have unsubscribed to this service, your data will be deleted. If you subscribe again you need to resynchronize your contacts.

I have made a change on my phone but why can't I see it on the web? Did you have a connection problem? Do you have a network signal bar on your mobile phone? If the answer is yes, have you synchronized your phonebook since you made the last change? You must synchronize in order to see the same information on the web as is in your phonebook.

I have made some changes on the web but I can't see it on my mobile phone?
Did you have a connection problem? Do you have a network signal bar on your mobile phone? If the answer is yes, have you synchronized your phonebook since you made the last change? You must synchronize in order to see the same information on the web as is in your phonebook.

I managed to register my number for the service and set my SyncML phone successfully. However, when it is in the midst of synchronizing around 130 out of 300 items of my phonebook, a server error occurred. When I checked the website, there were 0 contacts listed there. What happened to my 130 phonebooks details synchronized earlier?
If the backup fails half way through, the contacts you synchronized to that point will be saved. After that please synchronize again to resume.

Previously I have sync all the contacts from phone to ContactBackup. If I delete all the contacts at handset, and sync again, what will happen? All your stored contacts at ContactBackup will be deleted.

If I accidentally delete contacts from both ContactBackup and phone what should I do?
Send RES to 200 to restore all deleted contacts at ContactBackup. Wait a few seconds and initiate a fresh sync to restore back onto your handset.

After contacts are deleted from the web portal, and I do a sync, why are those deleted contacts still on my phone?
Please make sure the sync option inside your phone is 'normal sync' or 'two way sync'. It will sync normally.

After contacts are deleted on my mobile and I do a sync, why are those deleted contacts still in my web account?
Please make sure the sync option inside your phone is 'normal sync' or 'two way sync'. It will sync normally.

After contacts are edited from the web portal and I do a sync, why are the contacts still unchanged on my phone?
Please make sure the sync option inside your phone is 'normal sync' or 'two way sync'. It will sync normally.

After contacts are edited on my mobile and I do a sync, why are the contacts still unchanged on my web account?
Please make sure the sync option inside your phone is 'normal sync' or 'two way sync'. It will sync normally.

Sync always fails half way or after a specific amount of contacts have been stored.
Please make sure that your data (3G, Edge, GPRS) connection is working and perform a sync. Please check that you have sufficient balance to perform a sync.

If I change my login password, shall I change the password in SyncML setting on my phone as well?
You will need to redownload your synchronization ota settings to get the updated settings.

I have registered for an account with my mobile phone A. I buy a new mobile phone B and I want to transfer current phonebook in the web into my new phone and maintain both phones. What should I do?
1. Put your SIM card into mobile phone B
2. Send SET model to 200
3. Download the ota settings
4. Initiate a sync from mobile phone B
Then you can maintenance synchronized phonebook on both phone A and phone B by initiating sync from either phone A or phone B, provided the same SIM card is used for each sync.

How do I back up my phonebook using vCard?
a. Go to your phonebook.
b. Select a contact you want to backup.
c. Select "Send via text message/business card"
d. Send to 200.

How do I unregister?
a. Send Menu to 200
b. Select the unregister option
Please note that when you unregister, all data stored will be deleted.

No comments:

 

Mobi Revolution | Telecommunication News | Latest Mobile Phones | Copyright © 2009 | Original Design By Deluxe Themes | Converted To Blogger By Technolizard